Sunday, July 16, 2006

My week in Martial Arts: July 10th to July 14th






Hi All
This week with Lun and I only got lesson in and supervised another. We will try and get back to
Steve Powell’s JKD Class this week. Speaking of Steve Powell’s please check out Chris Sibbald’s blog on his picture linage of the “BOOM”. If you are wondering “BOOM” is just what we nickname the Chosin Kai Karate punching.

Again I am sorry for the lateness of this edition’s post, this weekend I was in Chester with Elaine, a very old and nice city in North-West England. I think I will start a blog on places the visit in England as I seem to be somewhere else in the UK almost every other week!

Anyway back to the Martial Arts. My brother and I went to Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast gym on Monday after a session in the gym. It was awesome we did some defences into chokes. I got choked out a bit by accident when one of the guys was showing Lun how to apply it with more force. If only I had longer arms…..

Warriors Eskrima was interesting as Simon was on holiday and asked Lun and I to look after the class. As we were waiting for students to come in, we spotted a guy with a Sayoc T-Shirt that we haven’t seen before walking around the gym. It turned out he was a friendly guy called Adrian who has been training with Krishna for the last 12 months in Sayoc and knew Paul and Ray. So the joined the lesson. Eventually when the lesson started we got them to do 3 rounds of circuits. A minute of sit-ups and press-ups, a minute of stepping, a minute of stick repetitions, focus mitts and Thai pads!


We then split the class up, we had Paul teaching Ray and Adrian and Lun and I taught John and William. There was a slight problem John was level 3 and William had only begun. However we did some heaven six drills and variations and a load of double stick stuff that John had never done that Lun and I had picked up over the years. Paul also seemed to be doing well with Adrian and Ray.

It was a great lesson and experience to be in (co) in charge of the majority of the lesson! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures.
Kit!

2 comments:

Lun said...

Nice pics Kit....thanks for sending me some pics for mine!

Anonymous said...

Cool! The first Lok Bros Eskrima class!.. when's the next one??

:)