Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Post!



Hope you all had a great Christmas!
There were no lessons for me last week, hence why there was no Friday update. So my brother and I trained at home(as in learning techniques from several DVD's) and I practiced some boxing on my new inflatable punch bag. Christmas however is a time for being with your family and meeting with old friends plus rushing around shopping that's what I have mainly been doing.

In an earlier post our Eskrima friend Mike humorously stated in reference to the pictures of the post “Another Lok Brothers Extravaganza!” Well guess what Mike this time it’s a Lok Brothers Christmas Extravaganza picture showcase! Actually it’s just mostly stills from what I filmed this year which I never got to post, not all of them are my brother and I. I realise I have a lot of pictures to post so I shall post some more later this week before the end of 2005.

You maybe wondering how come there are no pictures from Steve Powell’s or Karl Tanswell’s. Well this is because it’s not as easy to set up a camera in the class as those classes have a greater number in people and because of time restrictions I don’t want to disturb the flow of the class. In Eskrima and Capoeria I always have a bit of time to set up the camera which enables me to produce pictures of both.

Highlights of the year
Personally this year has been a bit crap, however in terms of Martial Arts it has been very enjoyable. Among the cool things in Martial Arts this year was (and this is in no particular order).

1) SENI 05: This is a Martial Arts Expo held in Birmingham UK each year. My brother, Simon (Eskrima Instructor), Timmins, Paul and Eskrima Paul all went and saw Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tourneys (before I started at Karl’s but I saw him and many of my current class there), a stunning display of Kalarippayat an Indian Martial Art, Capoeria displays, Eskrima displays by our own Pangulong Guro Krishna Godhaina and last but not least participated in a knife fighting workshop by again our Pangulong Guro Krishna Godhania.We also spent a lot of money buying Martial Arts gear. SENI 05 was awesome walking around it was like a who’s who of Martial Arts either demonstrating or promoting their school or gear. I have a couple of pictures displayed from this event although taken with my phone so the quality is not as good(these are shown). Next year I am taking the digital camera.


2) Steve Powell’s JKD class: After long absence well about 6 months my brother and I returned to JKD hopefully in the new year we shall continue to train there on a more consistent basis. Under JKD the highlights were training under Steve Powell again, attending a seminar with Rick Faye and having a lesson under Greg Hall.

3) Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast Gym: The MMA Stand up fighting has helped me immensely in my sparring in Eskrima not only that but you are guaranteed a great work out here.

4) Warriors Eskrima.: It was great to go and train at Pangulong Guro Krishna Godhania house with Simon earlier this year. It was an eye opener and a good experience for me. Also getting my Level 5 grading was great!

5)Capoeira: It felt awesome to help make a DVD for teaching Capoeria to school kids.


6) This blog: I feel that this blog does motivate me and I am glad people read it. I have had emails from the US, Philippines, Europe and all over the UK. But what motivate me the most is when my family, friends and fellow Martial Artists read it. I like to say thank you to the Warriors Eskrima group as they have read my blog every week since its inception. I also like to give a shout out to Airah (who has her own blog that has nothing to do with Martial Arts but has always posted positive comments on mine) and Chris who does have a blog on Martial Arts and attends Steve Powell’s school. Last but not least my big brother Lun who always reminds me that “You haven’t updated my blog yet”.

Well that’s it, next year my goals are to start BJJ and grappling lessons and keep a better fitness regime at home. Yes I shall keep the blog updated and I WILL post more articles on it. I will try to keep the blog a bit more personal and not always go post about Martial Arts, sometimes I may feel need to write and therefore will post. As I intend to include blog the significant events of my life (don’t worry I won’t post the boring events!)

A big thank to you all for reading this year. Enjoy the first batch of 2005 pictures,I shall post more soon!
Have a happy and safe New Year
HAPPY NEW YEAR

KIT

6 comments:

Lun said...

Your blog is really good! I always get great memories from all the pics. The last one where we are having a laugh ish the best!!!

Kit said...

Yesh
Thanks brother!That was an outtake from an Eskrima video we filmed early this year

Lun said...

yesh!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, as always!! It's really nice to be able to see what you guys are up to whilst not at Steve's! You have set some very good goals for this year, I hope you exceed them.
Ill see you both at the gym.... we re-open on the 3rd of Jan, so come down!!

Peace out!

Kit said...

Thanks Chris
We hope to return more consistently this year!
Thanks for the cool comments!

Lun said...

Well we made it to the tueday class...very good, with all the Jun Fan - Jeet tek stuff, most useful!