Monday, August 14, 2006

My week in Martial Arts: August 7th to Aug 11th



This week we managed just one lesson due to work commitments, as Lun explains in his blog. We made only the Warriors Eskrima class where we did some cool circuit training and some stick sparring techniques. Simon then split the class as he went through stuff with Paul and Ray.

Lun and I went through some techniques with William, who we are going to try and get to a grading at some point. For any South American or Spanish readers please check out William’s site. Elaine came again to watch us and filmed us as well! Thanks for the great shots again Elaine!



As I didn’t do many Martial Arts I don’t have many words for this week. On Saturday though, we did see a parkour exhibition in Manchester by a group called Team Sinister. Parkour is free running and consists of crazy acrobatic flips off walls and things. It’s a great spectacle but even though it looks like they look like they are all “messing around” I am sure these guys actually trained for these kind of stunts using safety mats etc in a safe environment( well the PA guy said that as well) . I found the Team Sinister page while surfing.

Anyways till next week (in which I will try and make a longer post).

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures.

P.S Any comments about the website, the lessons I attend or life itself or if you want a link exchange you can either post a comment and no spam please…or email me directly with any query about anything at kiteskrima@yahoo.co.uk I cannot promise I will reply to every email but will try my damn best.

2 comments:

Lun said...

ooo the blog just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Anonymous said...

Dam... I missed a free running show!! I did however manage to see the A1 GP cars ripping Deansgate to shreds which was awesome!!!!!!
Your shirt is safe