Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm back!


3 weeks worth of blogs that what I owe my blog viewing public, I didn’t do many lessons over these past 2 weeks. So here is an overview of what we did the past three weeks

Aug 14th to 18th
This week Lun and I went to Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast gym, Steve Powell’s JKD Classand Warriors Eskrima ..
Monday: At Karl’s we did some jab and crosses and footwork. It was a great work out and what was interesting was that it was one of Karl’s students taking the class. The interesting thing was that the student was able to take the class in an effective manner.

Wednesday I hit the gym and then Karl’s and Steve’s. I worked on bicep and shoulders and then my brother and I hit Karl’s. It was a great workout as we seemed to be work harder than usual. We then went to Steve Powell’s which was taken by Rick. We smashing the pads to hell with some reverse punches (well I was more liking smashing my fist to hell until I get the punch right).

Friday my brother and I went to Warriors Eskrima, again another great intense lesson with a load of stick sparring techniques.

August 21st to 25th-I had a rest as I took a week off work and spent time with Elaine who came up for a week. We had a great time going to my cousins wedding, Tatton Park and Stapley water gardens.

August 27th to September 1st
We had an awesome instructor’s lesson in Warwick on Sunday with Krishna Godhania . This was attended by Rob and Simon Campion, Johnny and Lun and I. We did some knife to empty hand translations.

Basically this is learning how to use knives in one situation and then empty hand in the same situation. Krishna also went through some history about how Filipino infantry men travelled in a triangular 3 shape with swords with the front man striking their Japanese nemesis with bolo machete's while the remaining two finish their enemy off. We also were taught some new sword techniques, thanks to Elaine who was travelled all that way with us!


I promise things will get back on track by next week. I didn’t do any lessons this week because I need to sort out some stuff that I hope to get resolved soon and therefore the blogs might not be as frequent or depending how I feel I might be compelled to write about what I am feeling. However I leave you a plethora of pictures to enjoy from the Warwick lesson, thanks for reading and visiting
Thanks
Kit

1 comment:

Lun said...

ooo great blog. nice smile too! hahahhahahahha...! it was a nice lesson in Warwick, hope Elaine wasn't too bored!