Friday, October 14, 2005

My week in Martial Arts: Oct 9th to October 14th



I knew it would come to one of these weeks. This week I only had one lesson in Capoeria. After the exciting fully loaded week that was October 2nd to the 7th that gave me four lessons and a session in the gym. This week was a bit pathetic in comparison.

Once I am not training I am always itching to get back and feel guilty even though things were beyond my control. If I am itching then I can't imagine what my brother Lun is feeling as he hasn't trained in almost a fortnight due to Sue having the operation as reported in my last blog. I am happy to say that the operation was a success and she is now recovering at their home.

The one lesson I had was Capoeria with Danny Henry was an interesting one, as we were taught sweeps and as always had a good session of the game. The interesting thing was that Simon, who is also my Eskrima instructor mentioned in the class that the sweep also appeared in Eskrima, although not actually the same but very similar. It was interesting watching the two exchange ideas. I am quite lucky to have instructors who have no egos.




One great thing about practising Capoeria, after you had a 2 hour session you feel you had a great work out but you feel loosened up and ready for something else.



The next day I was ready for Karl Tanswell's class and Steve Powell's JKD class but unfortunately I had a pain at the back of my head later that day which I recognised was not good, as last time I was very ill with flu when the same pain occurred. I made a conscious decision not to go but it wasn't an easy decision to make. I thought to myself however, what if it was flu then I wouldn't want to infect anyone else, plus the pain in my head wasn't ideal if we were doing clinch work or sparring with head guards. I missed Eskrima as well this week just to make a full recovery so can hopefully take all my lessons next week.

The provisional date for my Warriors Eskrima apprentice instructor grading could be February. Nothing has been set in stone but Simon emailed me to tell me that it could be the date. This means I got a target to train even harder and try and ensure I will be at my fittest for that time. So it would mean more stuff on my blog!
Thanks for reading again. I am going to go off and write that promised article now!
Thanks
Kit!

5 comments:

Lun said...

Great pics again, good to see the action.
Be training soon,

Lun

Anonymous said...

Really good action shots of the capoira. Good luck with the apprentice instructor grade. Ill probab;y see you at Steve's if you make it

Peace

Kit said...

Thanks Lun
Look forward to your comeback.
Kit

Kit said...

Thanks Chris
I hope I can make it to Steve Powell's again will soon. Keep up the cool work on your blog!
I shall look forward to talking to you next time we are there.
Thanks
Kit

Airah said...

Tagged ya... :)

Anyway, have a nice day!