Friday, May 12, 2006

My week in Martial Arts:May 8th till May 12th



Hi All

Another great week of exercise and martial arts. My initial plan of getting up early on Monday for a run was thwarted as I was feeling very lethargic. Add to the ingredients that I had a full day of Monday work ahead of me and then you get one Extra Lethargic Kit. However when I went to the gym with Lun I decided to run round the Salford campus before we hit the weights. It was a good session and we also went through a load of stuff that we plan to teach on Friday.

Tuesday I got up in time for a morning run. I went round the block twice at a moderate pace. Later I did Capoeira, I wanted to play the game but the class ran over so we didn't get the opportunity too. Great class though.

Wednesday I did a run but not in the morning, I plan to alternate my morning runs, this time I went round Salford Campus in the afternoon twice a good solid 25 minute run. Why just 25 minutes? Because I wanted to get to Straight Blast Gym class. Take one hot day, add a 25 minute run and then throw in one hour of Straight Blast stand up fighting training and you have one sweaty Kit Lok (Ok I will stop the cooking references now). The SBG training was cool we practiced single leg to double leg take downs. A lot of the lads here were at Seni and I was talking to one of them about the event.

Thursday my brother and I went to Steve Powell’s JKD Class. It was a cool class we learnt a load of filipino destruction techniques and did a lot of focus mitt work. We saw Chris and LGM and Paul B( the new guy in our class). Steve Powell spoke a load of Cantonese to Lun like "I like nice weather" and said in Cantonese “where are you going?" and then he answered in Cantonese "I am going out to the cinema!". Those were the tame words of course, all the rest were funny rude ones (which are the most fun words to learn in all languages)

Friday we went Warriors Eskrima.We did some cool Sayoc stuff with the knife this was an actually more of a preview of the stuff Simon, Paul H and Ray picked up from the Krishna Godhania seminars, if I wanted to learn more I will have to go to the Sayoc classes Krishna Godhaniaholds but it was cool nonetheless. We taught Paul B some of the Warriors Eskrima syllabus stuff. It was a good lesson as well I teaching we also learnt some new things but I guess teaching is a learning experience within itself.

Hopefully some of the original beginners will return and we will build up the beginner class, its actually ideal as if it is my brother and I teaching the beginners than if we have some on a higher skill level we can easily split the class.







Anyway going for a run in the morning to train for the run. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for reading.
Kit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T'was a good class on thursday, just enough of evreything. Not long untill the run now.. hope the training continues to go so well.

Lun said...

great pics again, keep up that training bro!