Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wednesday 9th 2005 Quick Update: Straight Blast Gym

Hi Everyone!

I would have posted an update yesterday but as I had to take my colleague friend home as his car was getting serviced and therefore I couldn't make Capoeira. In fact on Monday and Tuesday I didn’t go to any Martial Arts(more about this in the Friday/Saturday Update). I did watch parts of a DVD called Focus Mitt Training by Tim Mousel which is really good so far.

Today however my brother and I made the trip to Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast Gym, it was a great workout and we were given some words of encouragement about our stand up fighting from Karl. I felt my own movements were a bit lousy at first but as the class progressed I felt I moved better. In fact the straight blast gym is all above constant movement,check out the Straight Blast Gym website for more details or click on Karl Tanswell's link. Lun and I both enjoyed the session very much.

More about the class on my main update, in the mean time I leave you with a picture of our free sparring headguard that my brother purchased a year or so ago. These are used in Wing Chun and various other styles. We are required to wear headguards in Karl’s class in some sparring sessions but we have yet to use one with the mask guard as shown in the picture.

I shall post another update on Friday night/Saturday morning!
Thanks
Kit

5 comments:

Lun said...

Yes, it was good training wasn't it? Too bad we didn't also cover Steve's class, next week perhaps.

Anonymous said...

Kit,

I love your martial arts blog


would you be interested in relocating it to http://www.gabbr.com?

you would have all the features that blogger gives you plus your own customized forum and cross promotion from the gabbr.com main site iself

email me if you want to drdel (@) gabbr (dot) com

great blog by the way!

Kit said...

Hi Lun
Yes we will try to get to Steve'S class and it was very good training. see you later.

Unknown said...

Hey...Your students must not only possess a "win at any cost" mindset, but also a fighting system that has been pressure tested. You must instill in them the skills that are going to work no matter where they are at or what they are doing. I believe that training the "Gutterfighter Way" is your answer, and let me explain why.See more details here-sbg

Unknown said...

Hi....Martial arts are art forms and require a great deal of discipline and dedication. I so admire people who focus their lives on it, because it's not an easy thing to do.Read more-Straight Blast Gym