Saturday, April 15, 2006

Thanks Part 2: Martial Artists.


This is dedicated thanks to the Martial Artists that I have met and influenced me during the course of my journey. Please read part 1: Instructors if you haven’t already. Most of the following are from seminars, some are from classes and one is from my former works place. Don’t worry Chris and LGM Chris you are in the Family and Friends dedication that I will post! Please check out Lun's blog as he has updated it!

Rick Young-JKD
I have had only a couple of seminars with him but the experiences were awesome and his stories are great.

Carlson Gracie Senior-BJJ
Another one who opened our eyes, although promoting BJJ through the seminar we attended, the late Carlson Gracie Senior told the attendees through his translator that “he loved all martial arts”.


Samuel Kwok-Wing Chun
Again only one seminar, but a big impact.

Greg Hall-JKD
Although he is currently inactive, when he took a class he was awesome. Always humble and kind every time we saw him on the door or in the gym.

Rick Lawrie-JKD
Again only had one class under him which was cool, but when we see him training alongside us in the JKD gym, he REALLY hits the pad.

Diana Rathbone-MKG
Very kindly gave my brother and I, a place to stay in Minnesota and living there gave us an insight of a 24/7 Martial Artist.

Mike Beckwith-Karate
This is a former work colleague who had a very humble attitude. I can’t remember his karate style but he was an instructor. He seemed to carry his Martial Art ethos into his work as he was dedicated to his role and always asked me on my progress.

Larry Hartsell-JKD
We attended a seminar of his once another big impression on my journey. It was amazing to train under such a renowned Martial Artist.

Wisconsin Summer Camp 2002-MKG
Everyone who attended!

Everyone who has ever partnered me in
JKD, Warriors Eskrima, Capoeira and the Straight Blast Gym, I have learnt something from you all.

Part 3 to follow tomorrow thanks for reading!
Kit

4 comments:

Lun said...

Nice one...lots of good martial artists in there bro

Lun said...

Nice one...lots of good martial artists in there bro

Anonymous said...

Indeed an inspiring list of top class martial artists. I would like to do a Larry seminar.. I wonder if he still does them. How will ever have my own gym full of photos other wise.

Anonymous said...

Hey I loved the blog.

I figured you may also like my site on Jujitsu.

It's pretty new and I'm still working on it.

But I will check back and see if you added anything new soon.

GM