Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Mini Update: Goals and Resolutions followed up!


If you read at the beginning of the year you will see a bunch of goals and resolutions I have made for myself.

Well I am almost month in and thought I let you know on my progress, plus it's to remind myself.

1-GET FIT!
Positives:
In terms of exercise, so far so good, I have cut down almost all sugary drinks from my diet and moved around better in my classes. I have exercised almost every morning primarily with squats. So far I have managed to squeeze 3 to 4 classes a week and get to the gym almost every week (although I might only get two classes this week-more on this on Friday.)

Each of my classes, Steve Powell’s JKD class , Warriors Eskrima, Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast Gym and Danny Henry’s Capoeira class : have all seemed to have cranked up the intensity a notch which is great for fitness! My brother and I also train at home when we get the chance (as you see from the pictures some of which are from last year, the one with me hitting the tyres with my sticks is from Rick Faye’s gym.)However my weight is still the same not put on any or lost any. My diet not really changed apart from cutting out sugary drinks and cut down on little snacks and replacing them with fruit.


2-LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY!
I have learnt mostly home improvement stuff and DIY things for future projects on the house. Most of these projects however are in the summer. I found Wikipedia a good source to learn something new each day.

3-TRY AND MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR OTHERS
I try and do this every day I try to be aware of what’s going on. So far so good, I have helped out my family with a few things. I don’t keep a list of what I have done because its second nature for me to treat my family well, so it comes naturally. I just got to be more aware and conscious of the people I care about and not switch off and also not switch off on my friends either.

4)-READ MORE BOOKS
Well I am reading all about Filipino Martial Art history at the moment. I need to as there are so many different styles! The book is called “Filipino Martial Arts” by Dan Inosanto, we have had that book for a long time and I have only read parts of it but I am now reading it properly. I am also reading “Filipino Martial Culture” by Mark V Wiley which is very well researched.

5)- DO MORE FILMING
I am currently editing a special 2005 Eskrima class DVD, eventually I am going to put some copyright free music on the final version but so far I have Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan on the soundtrack to some Eskrima action for my rough copy. I think it suits it.

So that’s it so far. It will be Chinese New Year on the 29th of January; does this give me an advantage to set new goals for the Chinese New Year? It sure does! I am going to plan another set of goals for Chinese New Year!

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!
Kit

7 comments:

Lun said...

ooo very good, inspirational stuff my bro! Good pics too

Anonymous said...

Hey Kit! Thanks for your comment. I love your blog. Mainly because it deals with martial arts. If it's okay with you, I'll add a link to your site on my blog. If you want, you can add my blog as well.

Thanks again!
Osmond

Anonymous said...

Well done on sticking to your goals dude!! I hope you continue to put in all that hard work!

Peace!!

Kit said...

Hi Osmond
I have now linked you! Thanks for the comments!

Kit said...

Thanks Lun!
Yeah the pics are cool!All from different training locations(within our house!)

Kit said...

Thanks for the inspiring words Chris!
Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

heya.
sorry i havent come and commented- i have meant to for a while!
thnakyou for your comments on my site- it is really nice to have something you say mean something to someone.
i have found a lot of positive results from stopping drinking the soft drinks, and cutting out junk food and stuff- i hope it works for you too- it is good to set goals, just try not to be too hard on yourself- not so hard that you cant achiecve them...
i hope you are well- and happy new year!!
i will comment soon, when can- if you see me seeming down on my site, dont worry- i am ok.
LGM