Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goals/Resolutions of 2006




Happy New Year!
To celebrate the New Year, well the first thing I did in the morning was exercise I did 50 Hindu Squats and 50 roof blocks and 50 reverse roof blocks with my heavy sticks for each arm. I then did a light work out on the inflatable punch bag. Check out my brother’s by the way, Lun is posting more than ever (and they are good with plenty of pictures).

What better way to actually try and keep resolutions by publishing them on my blog. Then checking what I wrote today on January 1st 2007 to see if I was consistent with my resolutions. I am going to try and keep my resolutions this year, compared to other resolutions( such as smoking, the most common and broken one is people saying that they are giving up smoking) my resolutions/goals hopefully shouldn't be too hard plus I am glad I don’t smoke. These are more goals than resolutions and to elaborate on my Christmas post. .


1) GET FIT- I need to lose some weight. The most common thing for a lot of people (me included) is that they dwell on the problem and not the solution. I think the way forward is to recognise the problem and then concentrate on solutions. I recognised the problem why I am still slightly overweight is that I sit down at work all day by a PC and being through the Christmas period I have lots of junk food in the house. I also find I don’t eat at the right times (for example my supper will be late as a result of training after work which kinda defeats the purpose of training if you want to lose weight). That’s it, problems recognised over and done with, what I need to do to fight it is exercise every day and control what I eat and when I eat. This begins by exercising in the morning with only a few exercises and slowly building up the routine to add more. I will keep you updated on the progress.
2) LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY- As human beings we are probably doing this unconsciously every day anyway at work or at play. However my goal is to directly learn something new everyday be it any skill (Martial Arts, Work and Education among others). To consciously learn and retain the skill and make a log of it.
3) TRY AND MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR OTHERS- Although I am going to try and make this year “my year” as in making a better life for myself, I must not forget that if my family and friends need help I shall always be there for them and I will help my family as much as possible. I live near my parents for example who are retired and will need to watch out for them as they get older and just be conscious of things that they might need.
4) READ MY BOOKS- I read all kinds of books but I have several books that I read halfway and start another. For every book I have completed, there is a book I still haven’t completed or halfway through. This isn’t right at all! Its kind of trivial but kind of important to that I need to finish reading several books to go hand in hand with resolution number 2: LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.
5) DO MORE FILMING- Another hobby and passion is film I bring my dv camcorder to every Eskrima lesson and I plan to film everything we have done in Eskrima with my brother to keep as reference points. This is more of a goal.


Well there you go my gaols/resolutions for 2006. Check back soon for my regular Martial Arts blog every Friday night/Saturday Morning.

Thanks for reading and happy new year.
Kit

2 comments:

Airah said...

Hi Kit! ;p

"the first thing I did in the morning was exercise I did 50 Hindu Squats and 50 roof blocks and 50 reverse roof blocks with my heavy sticks for each arm.."

>Geez. I actually think you're being too hard on yourself. lol..

"Then checking what I wrote today on January 1st 2007 to see if I was consistent with my resolutions.."

>me too. unfortunately, i actually forgot to write my own resolutions for 2006. (yeah right) maybe, i'll do that next year. i'm not in the mood. ;p

"plus I am glad I don’t smoke.."

>wow! i love people who don't smoke. me too, i don't smoke. **hugs**

"1) GET FIT- I need to lose some weight.."

>goodluck to u. but remember that dieting is not the best way to get fit aight? you''re in martial arts, you know very well that exercise is the best way to get fit. awww. i wish i've got something to "get fit" about. i'm so skinny. haha..

"2) LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.."

>yeah. but kit, don't 4get you also have to share the knowledge to some less fortunate who can't afford to pay some martial arts lesson. ;p i always know you have it with you. *winks*

"3) TRY AND MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR OTHERS"

>you're a nice man. you'll gonna make it far.

"4) READ MY BOOKS-For every book I have completed, there is a book I still haven’t completed or halfway through."

>maybe you should buy the kind of books that really interests you. because if not, you're just wasting money. books that you haven't read would have been a treasure to others.

"5) DO MORE FILMING.."

>what's the best way to keep memories? film them. and you certainly have a knack in doing it. goodluck.

anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR Kit! Wish you and your family a blessed 2006!! Have a nice day.. **hugs**

Henry Hanson said...

Grateeful for sharing this