Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese New Year



Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Hi All

Happy New Year!
Went to Manchester Chinatown today trying to catch the Year of the Dog celebrations, Lun and I however arrived late so we managed to only get a handful of pictures. We just caught one Lion dance and there was as usual a Chinese variety show featuring traditional singing, comedy and magic acts(I am sure there was more but we missed the Martial Arts portion in today’s festivities..:( ). As Manchester's Chinatown is the second biggest after London it was very crowded and atmospheric.

In one of my previouse posts I mentioned that I will include a set Chinese New Year goals for myself.
Well they are pretty much the same as my New Year goals.
However I like to add.
(Starting from goal 6 continued from these goals)

6) Helping others as much as I can:
When I say help others as much as I can it means helping somebody that I know I am capable of helping. For example if someone asks me a question on something I know or ask me to do something I have done before I will try and help that person out. I guess you can say that this is similar to a previous goal but this more like being helpful to people in general as well as family and friends.

7) Doing something positive and new.
Be it Martial Arts or something else I will want to participate in something I haven’t done before. Having said that I have entered the Great Manchester Run to be held in May. I am not a runner and don’t particularly enjoy it but if I take up running it gives me another avenue to keep fit and healthy. In addition the run is for a good cause.

I am sure I will have more to add as the year progresses/

I wish all a safe and happy Chinese New year.



Thanks for reading

7 comments:

Lun said...

Kung Hei Fat Choy, bro!!

Kit said...

Kung Hei Fat Choy Lun!

Kit said...

To anonymous...
Please identify yourself as you posted your comment on several posts. I don't mind but its the SAME COMMENT. I must admit I go to other blogs and do the same but only post once and identify myself and read the blog.

So please no more multiple posts unless you identify yourself.
Thanks
Kit

Anonymous said...

kung hei fat choi, kit...
gotta hate spam like that...
i think your reply was well good... gives him the chance to make a genuine approach, but i have a funny feeling they wont be back...
well, hope you go ok with your new years revolution! the run should be a real challenge- not that helping ppl isnt!! i asked a couple the other day if they were ok- if they wanted directions, and the guy told me to Fuck off, hahahah
some ppl, eh?

Quote of the day:
a writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer...

Anonymous said...

I know how hard weight loss is and I want to share a few things with you I found along the way that helped me lose 70lbs in eleven months. I believe these weight loss tips can help you too, no matter what diet you choose to follow.
Link to thie site. vitamin health weight loss

Lun said...

OOO YOOK!

Bakbakan Kali Workshop - England, April 2006
(Training and Certification)
Kidderminster, England
Contact: Peter Lewis
Tel: 07751 704610
email:peter@worcester-eskrima.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Top photos of the new year celebrations!! Shame I couldnt make it. I would recommend taiji to anyone.... but it is a very long road. One that is well worth walking though!
See you soon and keep up all the hard work!