Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ouch! Mini Update!


Hi All this is my first mini update of the new year! I was meant to be at Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast Gym but I am having a rest tonight read on to find out why!

First things first! Please check out my brothers blog which has cool pictures and a new article entry and Chris who has some great new pictures of Steve Powell’s class. Gareth a great friend of mine who is trying to quit smoking and a blog from LGM a friend of Chris who has made some cool comments on my blog.

The lessons have taken their toll on my leg.
It had to happen sooner or later but thankfully not too serious just a slight muscle pull in my left leg that I picked up in Capoeria last night. I am mobile as in I can walk but I decided to have a rest today as I don’t want to aggravate it any further to jeopardise any future lessons. Plus I didn’t feel anything wrong this morning it’s just when I stood up and walked around at work I felt it.

Despite having this muscle pull I do feel emptiness within in me when I miss a lesson. Like when all your friends are playing out when you are young and you can’t for whatever reason..its that same kind of feeling!

All this being said I have so far had a good week in keeping fit and training thus far. I went to the gym with my brother Lun on Sunday and did a heavy set of weights and we practiced our Eskrima. I went to Karl Tanswell’s Straight Blast Gym on Monday and did a great training session. As Lun is abroad working my partner was this guy called Carl who is nearly the same build as Lun. As being more experienced it was good to observe his movements and his technique which were great! More on this lesson on Friday.

Tuesday I went to Capoeira my first in nearly a month or so. It was a great lesson although I did go overboard a bit (as did my instructor) hence the muscle pull…again I will give a better report of this on Friday night/Saturday morning. In the mean time please enjoy the picture of a berimbau one of the main instruments of Capoeira!


Keep training
Kit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo sorry about the leg pull, injuries are bad when you want to train. Give it a rest and start again when you are able!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kit!
no time to stop and read everything, but the piccy of the birimbao brings back memories...hehehe
thanks for your comments on my site, i will come back and read your comments, but i am still adjusting to my new job- and not very well, hehe
hopefully next week i will get more sleep and find the time to pop on and leave a better comment
Probably see you at rick young, eh?
LGM

Jennifer said...

Nice pics

where is one of you?

Kit said...

Hey Lun
Yes I have rested my leg again todayb.

Kit said...

Hi lgm
Good luck in your new job I hope you will adjust soon. Did you practice Capoeira as well? Yes Definatley see you at Ricks!
Kit

Kit said...

Hi Unsane
Thanks for visitng.
I am the one in the yellow tshirt
Thanks
Kit

Anonymous said...

i didnt really practice capoeira- i did a capoieira norte beginners class at the university. it was good fun, but it was a bit too expensive for me at the time.
i would have liked to have done more then, but i dont think it is right for me right now... i would much rather spend my money at steve's- and learning tai chi, if i get back to it.
i am hoping that i can persuade chris to do some private lessons with me- as i know i have a hell of a lot to learn from him, and i might be able to persuade him to do them cheap as he isnt a bigtime instructor yet!!
I'll see you at rick young!! might be at steve's on thursday too, so possibly see you there.
thanks again for the comments.